Monday, March 29, 2010

Interesting

I have been spending a good portion of the last week trying to get my SEO in line so that everyone can find me when they search on Google.  Now that is no easy task, as any small business owner on the internet will tell you because, we cannot afford to hire another company to do this for us like the "big boys" can.  However, this is essential to growing our companies, our brands and our sales.  Without proper tagging, keywords and descriptions written for the search engines to find us, we are literally dead in the water.

To that end, I have been researching and researching and researching from one corner of the internet to the other, all over Etsy and everything in between for information on how to make my business more "searchable".  Just when I think I have it right, I find out that I am completely wrong!  But, I keep doing because it is so vital.  So, I keep working at.  It is never something that is done, it is a job that will always need tweaking.

That then turns into customer service and relationships.  I liken it back to when the dimestores started and they had to make sure that every customer they served, waited on, and kept a tab open for, was satisfied, even treated like a family member.  This was how they built their businesses.  In our generation, we have less and less contact with our customers, which is truly a shame in a lot of cases, but setting that aside, we have to find the customers and they have to find us.  SEO is what makes that happen.  Once SEO makes that happen, then it is up to us as business owners to become those old fashioned dimestore proprietors. 

I want you to find me in Google, Yahoo and Bing.  Once you find me there, I want my customers to find me hospitable.  Don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment