Tuesday, March 16, 2010

WOOHOO

Okay, so this is the first time I have decided to write openly and honestly (alright, maybe not so honestly, I don't want everyone in the blogosphere to think I am totally incompetent!) about my jewelry making and design work.

I have been dabbling in the bead and string craft for hobby for many years.  Now, mind you, I never thought that in any sense or stretch of the imagination that I would ever start designing my own jewelry line, or that I would start selling said jewelry.

However, here I am.  I started putting together designs of beads and the like, then I started messing around with wire work. 

At this point I started taking myself a little more seriously.  I started researching wire working and wrapping. I became ravenous, buying and reading every wire working magazine my budget would and still will allow for. 

At the same time, my mother and I decided to start this little business venture to open a small online jewelry outlet where she could make a few things and then sell them.  Well, here we are 6 months later, 4 selling outlets later and she is making rings, necklaces, earrings and pendants.  I am making traditional rings, necklaces, pendant, earrings, bracelets and wire worked, wire wrapped and starting to get into wiresmithing.  Wiresmithing is a mix of wire working and metalsmithing, if you want to learn more you can visit here http://www.macjewels.com/.

So, this is an open invitation to those of you brave enough to laugh with me, cry with me and even enjoy the fruits of my labors.

This is going to be knotted and twisted!

No comments:

Post a Comment